CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Stubborn

How am I supposed to know my limitations?

When can I say "I cannot"?

Do my failures tell me that I should stop working hard and let things be?

Or do they tell me that I can do more?

Are these botches telling me to surrender?

Or are they telling me to keep on fighting?

If I fight and I do not get what I want, do I still have to keep on pressing on?

Why do I keep on striving even if I do not get whatever it is that I'm working for?

Why can't I stop myself from working?

Why am I so stubborn?

Being stubborn means being unreasonably and obstructively determined to persevere.

Am I being unreasonable now?

I know life isn't just about this.

But I want to do well in this aspect.

I want to do well in everything that I do.

I'm against mediocrity.

Do you know when to stop?

Because I don't.

But maybe there's just one thing lacking now.

FAITH.

Fr. Ben Nebres' (my lola told me they're cousins, but I never had the guts to approach him and tell him I'm his apo) sermon last night was like a huge boulder being thrown at me.

He was talking about Kung Fu Panda and about believing in oneself.

After all that he said, I realized that I should watch Kung Fu Panda.

Kidding.

His sermon served as a reminder for me to believe in myself.

To have faith in myself.

To have faith that I can do things (but what if things aren't going right? HA. SUCH A PESSIMIST).

To have faith that others have faith in me.

To have faith SO THAT others MAY ALSO have faith in me.

TO HAVE FAITH IN GOD.

Then maybe my stubbornness will work.

Then maybe I won't be unreasonable anymore.

0 comments: